- Home / Help Center / Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) /
Question: "I am in [COUNTRY]. If the order is declared over USD [TAX THRESHOLD] then I will be painfully taxed. Can you help me by declaring the goods at [VERY LOW VALUE]?"
(This question is most frequently asked by Brazilian, Greek and Italian customers)
We can’t offer formal guidance on import taxes, but after you have found out information about taxes in your own country, we will do our best to help you with this and other import regulations.
If you have special instructions for the waybill and invoice declaration on your orders, you need to tell us these instructions every time you order, using the online checkout comments box. One such example is instructing us to declare the value below a certain value.
Can we always declare really low? Like, under $50?
The answer is NOT ALWAYS ... because your order value may be too much higher than this and declaring that low value would lead to a potential monetary loss by us and you. How so? Lets suppose you order $400 worth of stuff and we declare a value of $40. Now lets say that by some highly unusual circumstance the DHL truck delivering your goods is involved in a vehicle accident and all the packages onboard are damaged and declared worthless by DHL and they immediately issue us a refund. Well, guess how much they will refund us? Yes, it would be the declared package value of $40, thereby making fully refunding or resending your order impossible.
Therefore, we suggest declaring a value that is similar to the real value of the products you are ordering unless you specifically tell us that you will take full responsibility of any shipper loss or damage of your package.
Provided the value of your order + the type and quantity of the items you are ordering is suitable for a declaration under $50, and assuming you make the specific declaration as stated above, then we will do our best to help you with this.
- About NearbyExpress
- Contact Us
- Dropship Guide
- A Quick Guide To How To Sell By Drop-Shipping from NearbyExpress
- Advertise Your Online Biz through Articles
- Basic Dropship Lesson for New Users of NearbyExpress
- Budget SAVING Tips for Dropshipping Business Advertising
- Creative Ways to Successfully Sell Your Back-End Products Online
- Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – Getting Started
- EBay Alternatives for Dropshipping
- eBay Sellers: Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – How Long Before You Ship Out My Order?
- Essential Steps To Successful Dropshipping
- How do a dropshipper / reseller requests spare parts and accessories?
- How to Choose the Right Dropship Product
- How To Drop-Ship With NearbyExpress
- How To Get The Right Dropshipping Supplier
- How to Survive A Dropshipping Business
- Killer Advertising Tips for Your Online Dropshipping Business
- Returns Policy for eBay Dropship Sellers
- What It Takes To Have A Successful Online Dropshipping Business
- Your Guide to Finding a Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I visit NearbyExpress?
- Can you "Declare as a Gift" / "Declare as a Sample"?
- Can you declare $xx for my order to help with import taxes?
- Customs and Importing Reference Sites
- How much tax do I need to pay?
- If an item is missing a manual?
- If your item won’t switch on
- Important issues regarding customs clearance
- Is it DDP (Delivered Duty Paid)?
- Is it safe to buy from NearbyExpress?
- Payment Verification for New Dropship Customers
- Policy On Fair Use of NearbyExpress Website Materials
- What if an item is physically broken or damaged upon delivery?
- What if I cannot login to my account?
- Payment & Shipping
- Product Knowledge
- Warranty & Returns