- Home / Help Center / Dropship Guide /
A successful online retail business needs effective selling strategies. One marketing strategy that every business owner needs to do is called back-end products selling. What is it and why is it important?
Defining Back-End Products Selling
What is back-end product selling? It is when you try to sell other products to a customer who has recently purchased one of your products. Back-end product selling is very important especially for online retailers.
Obviously, someone who has bought your products showed genuine interest in what you offer. Trying to convince your existing customers to buy your other products as well should not be as hard as trying to convince someone who has never tried any of your products yet.
Make That Back-End Sale More Easily
How can you effectively sell back-end products to your customers? Here are some tips:
Stay true to the quality of your products.
The first thing is to make sure about the quality of the products you’re selling. See to it that your customers will not find any reason to regret their purchase. Ship out only the best of what you offer and deliver them on time.
Ship out flyers.
Include an extra brochure in the package of the products your customer ordered. The brochure should include other products you also offer and their benefits.
Provide a free newsletter subscription for customers.
A newsletter allows you to keep in touch with your customers. This gives you the chance to keep them interested in your company and a great way to introduce your other products.
Send postcards to your customers on special occasions. A simple postcard can make a customer feel special and appreciated.
Create a "thank you" page on your website.
This should be the page that your customers will see immediately after placing their online order. Part of the "thank you" page should be a list of your back-end products along with a statement that encourages your customer to try them out.
Include a freebie.
Customers will surely love to receive a surprise gift when they receive their order. Along with the gift, include a small card or a flyer that advertises one of your back-end products.
Do follow ups.
Send a follow up e-mail or direct mail showing your appreciation for their support and asking feedback about the product they bought from your store. Take the opportunity to offer them other products as well. You can also ask them to be included in your mailing list for updates from your store.
These are just some suggestions on how you can attempt to offer other products to your existing customers. Keep in mind that it is very important to deliver to your promises. Obviously, it will be easier to convince customers to buy from you again if you know that your products are truly worth buying.
- About NearbyExpress
- Contact Us
- Dropship Guide
- A Quick Guide To How To Sell By Drop-Shipping from NearbyExpress
- Advertise Your Online Biz through Articles
- Basic Dropship Lesson for New Users of NearbyExpress
- Budget SAVING Tips for Dropshipping Business Advertising
- Creative Ways to Successfully Sell Your Back-End Products Online
- Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – Getting Started
- EBay Alternatives for Dropshipping
- eBay Sellers: Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – How Long Before You Ship Out My Order?
- Essential Steps To Successful Dropshipping
- How do a dropshipper / reseller requests spare parts and accessories?
- How to Choose the Right Dropship Product
- How To Drop-Ship With NearbyExpress
- How To Get The Right Dropshipping Supplier
- How to Survive A Dropshipping Business
- Killer Advertising Tips for Your Online Dropshipping Business
- Returns Policy for eBay Dropship Sellers
- What It Takes To Have A Successful Online Dropshipping Business
- Your Guide to Finding a Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I visit NearbyExpress?
- Can you "Declare as a Gift" / "Declare as a Sample"?
- Can you declare $xx for my order to help with import taxes?
- Customs and Importing Reference Sites
- How much tax do I need to pay?
- If an item is missing a manual?
- If your item won’t switch on
- Important issues regarding customs clearance
- Is it DDP (Delivered Duty Paid)?
- Is it safe to buy from NearbyExpress?
- Payment Verification for New Dropship Customers
- Policy On Fair Use of NearbyExpress Website Materials
- What if an item is physically broken or damaged upon delivery?
- What if I cannot login to my account?
- Payment & Shipping
- Product Knowledge
- Warranty & Returns