- Home / Help Center / Dropship Guide /
Advice for getting the most out of NearbyExpress/eBay drop-shipping:
NearbyExpress operates from our headquarters in Hong Kong and has warehouses in the U.S., Germany, and China. We are shipping to you from your nearest regional warehouse. So for example, if you lived in Italy then your order would ship from Germany.
Most products on NearbyExpress ship out within 24-48 hours of your order being placed on the website. The only time a product will be delayed is because (a) it has recently been sold out at your local warehouse or (b) it is a custom item that only ships out directly from china. For 93% of the orders placed on nearbyexpress.com, the package will be sent out and a confirmation email sent to you within 24-48 hours.
For example: Auction close date + Payment clearance to you + Maybe one day for you to order from us + One day for your order to be processed, packaged and shipped + 2-3 days for the shipping company to deliver the item to your customer. The total time for the end-to-end experience should be 7-10 days. (Obviously ordering from NearbyExpress is quicker if you don’t drop-ship and just preorder stock to sell from your location.)
BUY SINGLE SAMPLES FOR YOURSELF FIRST - IT WILL PAY OFF!
We really recommend trying some single item sample orders. Just choose one category and order samples of two or three different products. Evaluate them for yourself and choose which you think will sell best in the local market - if you know the product and are keen on it yourself, you’ll be able to sell it more convincingly. Of course you will also be able to write your own testimonial and review, and even make a better product title and foreign language description according to your location.
All that will help you make your sales copy unique so you can sell the items quickly even in a competitive environment like eBay.
ORDERING SAMPLES FIRST HELPS YOU GET TO KNOW NearbyExpress . . . AND VICE VERSA
NearbyExpress has no minimum order quantity so it’s easy to pick up samples of anything listed on the site. This will give you a chance to see our delivery speed in action for that particular product as well.
In addition if we already know you as a previous buyer shipping to yourself, before you start placing drop-ship orders, it may mean we can just approve these payments swiftly without having to contact you about the order first. (That’s our standard policy of payment verification for new customers where the addresses differ, for obvious fraud prevention reasons.)
OH NO! TAXES! – LESS WORRIES WITH NearbyExpress!
A final note: if you are drop-ship importing, as you already know, in countries like Italy, Brazil, Canada, etc. the VAT tax for the buyer who is receiving an overseas package may have to pay more in those import duties (tax) than the price of the product! Customs is very sensitive these days to packages coming from Chins. Well, with nearbyexpress.com, since you are receiving your package from a local supplier, we can often help you avoid or minimize such taxes.
In cases where duties need to be paid regardless of the shipping location, we will declare goods at the (low) values according to customers’ order instructions, but sometimes it’s impossible to get within the tax-free threshold. So please check up on the rates and rules in your country and also let your own buyers know what to expect.
We look forward to helping you with your orders. Just let us know if you have any questions.
Good luck with your online selling!
- About NearbyExpress
- Contact Us
- Dropship Guide
- A Quick Guide To How To Sell By Drop-Shipping from NearbyExpress
- Advertise Your Online Biz through Articles
- Basic Dropship Lesson for New Users of NearbyExpress
- Budget SAVING Tips for Dropshipping Business Advertising
- Creative Ways to Successfully Sell Your Back-End Products Online
- Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – Getting Started
- EBay Alternatives for Dropshipping
- eBay Sellers: Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – How Long Before You Ship Out My Order?
- Essential Steps To Successful Dropshipping
- How do a dropshipper / reseller requests spare parts and accessories?
- How to Choose the Right Dropship Product
- How To Drop-Ship With NearbyExpress
- How To Get The Right Dropshipping Supplier
- How to Survive A Dropshipping Business
- Killer Advertising Tips for Your Online Dropshipping Business
- Returns Policy for eBay Dropship Sellers
- What It Takes To Have A Successful Online Dropshipping Business
- Your Guide to Finding a Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I visit NearbyExpress?
- Can you "Declare as a Gift" / "Declare as a Sample"?
- Can you declare $xx for my order to help with import taxes?
- Customs and Importing Reference Sites
- How much tax do I need to pay?
- If an item is missing a manual?
- If your item won’t switch on
- Important issues regarding customs clearance
- Is it DDP (Delivered Duty Paid)?
- Is it safe to buy from NearbyExpress?
- Payment Verification for New Dropship Customers
- Policy On Fair Use of NearbyExpress Website Materials
- What if an item is physically broken or damaged upon delivery?
- What if I cannot login to my account?
- Payment & Shipping
- Product Knowledge
- Warranty & Returns