- Home / Help Center / Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) /
Do I have to pay import duties or other taxes on products sent from NearbyExpress?It depends on the destination country. Since NearbyExpress is dedicated to saving you time and money, your goods will be shipped from one of our three regional warehouses in United States, Germany, and China. If the goods are delivered to any aresa beyond these three countries, you may have to pay import taxes.
Please note that all import taxes / duties are the recipient’s responsibility. So if you are having a delivery sent to someone else like a friend or directly to a customer, any taxes payable will be their initial responsibility.
Many countries do not charge import duties on private items, samples, and goods below a certain stated value. However, you may find that your customs office these days are asking more people to pay taxes when goods they’ve ordered from another country (say Germany for example) arrive into your country (say Italy for example).
Obviously, you will want these potential taxes to be as low as possible, so we will try to help minimize the chance that your package will be assessed a fee, but NearbyExpress as a foreign company CANNOT give information or advice about tax rates and customs charges in your own country.
NearbyExpress will never falsely identify or misrepresent goods on customs forms. What we can do is declare the value of the shipped goods at the lowest possible wholesale price, which may or may not be low enough to avoid any taxes.
- About NearbyExpress
- Contact Us
- Dropship Guide
- A Quick Guide To How To Sell By Drop-Shipping from NearbyExpress
- Advertise Your Online Biz through Articles
- Basic Dropship Lesson for New Users of NearbyExpress
- Budget SAVING Tips for Dropshipping Business Advertising
- Creative Ways to Successfully Sell Your Back-End Products Online
- Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – Getting Started
- EBay Alternatives for Dropshipping
- eBay Sellers: Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – How Long Before You Ship Out My Order?
- Essential Steps To Successful Dropshipping
- How do a dropshipper / reseller requests spare parts and accessories?
- How to Choose the Right Dropship Product
- How To Drop-Ship With NearbyExpress
- How To Get The Right Dropshipping Supplier
- How to Survive A Dropshipping Business
- Killer Advertising Tips for Your Online Dropshipping Business
- Returns Policy for eBay Dropship Sellers
- What It Takes To Have A Successful Online Dropshipping Business
- Your Guide to Finding a Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I visit NearbyExpress?
- Can you "Declare as a Gift" / "Declare as a Sample"?
- Can you declare $xx for my order to help with import taxes?
- Customs and Importing Reference Sites
- How much tax do I need to pay?
- If an item is missing a manual?
- If your item won’t switch on
- Important issues regarding customs clearance
- Is it DDP (Delivered Duty Paid)?
- Is it safe to buy from NearbyExpress?
- Payment Verification for New Dropship Customers
- Policy On Fair Use of NearbyExpress Website Materials
- What if an item is physically broken or damaged upon delivery?
- What if I cannot login to my account?
- Payment & Shipping
- Product Knowledge
- Warranty & Returns