- Home / Help Center / Dropship Guide /
For many entrepreneurs, a drop shipping business is their stepping stone towards business success. By partnering with a dropshipping company, a new business owner can start marketing online even with a limited budget.
As customers order from your online retail store, all you have to do is contact your Dropshipper- who will in turn, prepare the orders for shipment. You get to purchase the item at a wholesale price and place your own mark-up price.
Most dropship Wholesale Suppliers practice “blind dropshipping” which means, you can use your own brand name in reselling the products. When customers purchase from your shop, they won’t even know that you are just a reseller.
Nevertheless, the concept of a dropshipping business is not without challenges. As the number of online retailers increase, you need to be a lot smarter to stay competitive and survive the business.
Challenges of Dropshipping
If you are an online retailer or planning to start your own dropshipping online business, you need to be ready to face up to the challenges. Below are some tips:
Make sure that you are dealing with a legal and trusted Dropshipper.
Bear in mind that scammers abound in the industry. If you are not careful, you could be working with a middleman who is making a much bigger profit from the sales you make. See to it that you are dealing directly with a legitimate Wholesale Supplier, not just another retailer or another link in the chain.
Ensure your customer’s satisfaction.
As a reseller, it is your reputation that is directly on the line. Therefore, it is your duty to ensure that your Wholesale Dropshipper can live up to its promises. Before reselling, make sure that you are confident about the products you will market. It is a must to order sample products from your dropshipper.
Can you be sure that only quality products will be shipped out to your customer? Can you monitor the status of the orders from your end? Will your customers be given guarantee for their purchases?
Watch out for dropshippers that charge fees.
A legitimate dropshipper will never require upfront payment just to open an account. You will only be required to submit payment once you have made a sale from your site.
Offer more than one product.
It is advisable to offer more than one type of product from your store. If your dropshipper offers only one kind of product, try to find other legitimate dropshippers with products to complement your store.
- About NearbyExpress
- Contact Us
- Dropship Guide
- A Quick Guide To How To Sell By Drop-Shipping from NearbyExpress
- Advertise Your Online Biz through Articles
- Basic Dropship Lesson for New Users of NearbyExpress
- Budget SAVING Tips for Dropshipping Business Advertising
- Creative Ways to Successfully Sell Your Back-End Products Online
- Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – Getting Started
- EBay Alternatives for Dropshipping
- eBay Sellers: Drop-Shipping with NearbyExpress – How Long Before You Ship Out My Order?
- Essential Steps To Successful Dropshipping
- How do a dropshipper / reseller requests spare parts and accessories?
- How to Choose the Right Dropship Product
- How To Drop-Ship With NearbyExpress
- How To Get The Right Dropshipping Supplier
- How to Survive A Dropshipping Business
- Killer Advertising Tips for Your Online Dropshipping Business
- Returns Policy for eBay Dropship Sellers
- What It Takes To Have A Successful Online Dropshipping Business
- Your Guide to Finding a Trusted Wholesale Dropshipper
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Can I visit NearbyExpress?
- Can you "Declare as a Gift" / "Declare as a Sample"?
- Can you declare $xx for my order to help with import taxes?
- Customs and Importing Reference Sites
- How much tax do I need to pay?
- If an item is missing a manual?
- If your item won’t switch on
- Important issues regarding customs clearance
- Is it DDP (Delivered Duty Paid)?
- Is it safe to buy from NearbyExpress?
- Payment Verification for New Dropship Customers
- Policy On Fair Use of NearbyExpress Website Materials
- What if an item is physically broken or damaged upon delivery?
- What if I cannot login to my account?
- Payment & Shipping
- Product Knowledge
- Warranty & Returns